We are a British, privately owned, international clinical services and infrastructure provider supporting healthcare clients across the UK and worldwide.
Our purpose-designed and built modular and mobile facilities provide our clients with new or replacement Operating Theatres, Wards, Endoscopy Suites and Decontamination and diagnostic units. As part of our solution to our clients we also support them with clinical teams and equipment.
With a rapidly growing team of over 150 colleagues internationally, our values define how we do business with our customers, internally and externally: Patient-focussed; Innovative; Responsive; Passionate; Teamwork.
You are joining us at an exciting part of our journey as we grow and diversify.
As a Recovery Practitioner, you will be responsible for delivering patient care on Vanguard Mobile facilities on behalf of a host hospital.
Responsibilities include always maintaining a safe and efficient working environment and ensuring that a high standard of expertise and professionalism is maintained in all clinical activities. This will be done through the rigorous and consistent application of Company and Customer hospital policies and procedures.
You may be required to work as part of a Vanguard team, as the sole representative of Vanguard in a host hospital team or a unit facilitator.
The post requires flexibility as it involves considerable travel within the UK, including overnight stays and time away from home.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Vanguard units including daily, weekly, and monthly checks.
- Ensuring that the unit remains operational by making sure that all equipment and unit systems are functioning properly, and that the environment is safe and clean.
- Incident reporting where appropriate.
- Develop clinical practice by sharing knowledge with co-professionals and participate in the clinical audit process.
- Develop and maintain good communication and relationships with all colleagues within Vanguard and all staff at Customer sites.
- Represent the company on a day-to-day basis with the Customer hospital.
- Willingness to learn complimentary skills to include Endoscopy and ward nursing.
- To work within an Endoscopy or ward environment when required.
- To act as the unit’s Fire Warden as per the Vanguard Fire Warden job description, as required.
- Any other reasonable duties you are asked to perform.
- Ensure personal Continued Professional Development and relevant professional registration are maintained.
- All employees are expected to promote and work within Vanguard’s quality management framework at all times.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Professional, relevant qualification relating to this area of work (NMC HCPC) with up-to-date registration.
- Experience in recovery, with a willingness to train in anaesthetic and surgical scrub
- Demonstrable clinical experience and competence within operating theatres.
- Holder of a current UK full driving licence.
- Flexible and adaptable approach with the ability to adapt in continually changing environments.
- Proactive and a self-motivated with a willingness to learn new skills.
- Possess a high level of self-awareness.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Understanding of current practice within healthcare.
- Relationship Management & Communication skills.
- Microsoft Office skills to include MSExcel, MSWord.
- Up to date relevant mandatory training eg: manual handling; resuscitation; infection control.
- 5 weeks per year (April – March) + UK bank holidays. + option to buy / sell 1 week of annual leave.
- Allowance or company car
Employee Discount Scheme
- Online discount scheme for retail, health, leisure and lifestyle providers
- 4 x Annual Salary, up to age 75
- Company contribution of 5%. Employee contributions is 5% which can be increased at any time.
- Maternity Leave & Statutory Pay
- Paternity Leave & Statutory Pay
- Shared Parental Leave & Statutory Pay
- Vanguardian awards
- Staff celebration events
- Long service awards
- Employee referral scheme
Environmental, social and governance
We take our responsibilities seriously and working in partnership with ARK Business Conservation Projects and Year Hear, we have opportunities for team members to get involved in activities and initiatives that support our ESG strategy: including volunteer days; environmental contribution, and sustainable projects.
- Up to 4 weeks full pay (after 3 years service).
- We support the vaccination programme and encourage all employees to be vaccinated.
- For confirmed COVID, sickness absence is paid including within probation period.
- Reimbursed in full
Healthcare Cash Plan (includes alternative therapies)
- Reclaim cash back from your everyday medical expenses – dental, optical, chiropody, professional therapy (which includes physiotherapy, osteopathy, chiropractic, homeopathy, hypnotherapy and reflexology) special consultation and tests, health screening, online lifestyle assessment.
- GP 24/7 access with worldwide cover and private prescription service.
- Employee Assistance Programme, which includes confidential counselling and helpline service.
Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice scheme enabling you to purchase a new cycle up to the value of £1000
Mental Health First Aid
- We have trained Mental Health First Aiders across the organisation.
Annual Professional Memberships
- We reimburse one professional membership/subscription per year.
- We support many of our team members with professional study as part of their career development.
Paid Mandatory Training
- For all clinical staff, we hold annual mandatory training on a weekend and this is paid at the relevant overtime rate.
How to apply
If you are an innovative and passionate clinician we’d love to hear from you. For more information or to apply, submit your CV and covering letter, including salary expectations, to: firstname.lastname@example.org