We are a British, privately owned, international clinical services and infrastructure provider supporting healthcare clients across the UK and worldwide.
Our purpose-designed and built modular and mobile facilities provide our clients with new or replacement Operating Theatres, Wards, Endoscopy Suites and Decontamination and diagnostic units. As part of our solution to our clients we also support them with clinical teams and equipment.
With a rapidly growing team of over 150 colleagues internationally, our values define how we do business with our customers, internally and externally: Patient-focussed; Innovative; Responsive; Passionate; Teamwork.
You are joining us at an exciting part of our journey as we grow and diversify.
The Decontamination Technician will be responsible for endoscopy decontamination and a range of other duties in Vanguard facilities on behalf of a customer.
Responsibilities include always maintaining a safe and efficient working environment, ensuring that a high standard of expertise and professionalism is maintained in all clinical activities.
The post holder will liaise directly with Vanguard and customer staff as required
The post requires flexibility as it involves considerable travel within the UK, including overnight stays and time away from home.
- Performing Vanguard units daily, weekly, and monthly checks.
- Reporting incidents to the Lead Practitioner as necessary.
- Assisting qualified staff in the management and execution of clini-cal practice.
- Ensuring that clinical information is passed to the appropriate member of the team.
- Assisting in the clinical audit process.
- Participating in the cleaning of the operating theatre unit and adhering to the infection control policy.
- Identifying any maintenance problems relating to the flexible endosco-py equipment.
- Developing and maintaining good communication and relationships with all colleagues within Vanguard and all grades of staff at cus-tomer sites.Representing the company on a day to day basis with the customer.
- Acting as the unit’s Fire Warden as per the Vanguard Fire Warden job description, as required.
- Acting as a Unit Facilitator as required.
- Processing of flexible endoscopes in line with policies and proce-dures.
- Tracking of endoscopes when sent for repair or maintenance
- Completing daily checks on all endoscopy equipment.Any other duties falling within the remit of Decontamination Technician.
- Employees are expected to always promote and work
- within Vanguard’s quality management framework.
- Ensure personal Continued Professional Development and relevant li-cences and professional memberships are maintained.
- All employees are expected to always promote and work within Van-guard’s quality management framework.
- Uphold and promote the Vanguard Values at all times.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- A professional qualification (NVQ 2 or BTEC)
- Holder of a current UK full driving licence.
- Understanding of current practice within healthcare.
- The ability to follow documented processes.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable approach with the ability to adapt in continually changing environments.
- Proactive and a self-motivated with a willingness to learn new skills.
- Possess a high level of self-awareness.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Microsoft Office skills to include MSExcel; MSWord.
- Previous experience in a Health Care environment.
- 5 weeks per year (April – March) + UK bank holidays. + option to buy / sell 1 week of annual leave.
- Allowance or company car
Employee Discount Scheme
- Online discount scheme for retail, health, leisure and lifestyle providers
- 4 x Annual Salary, up to age 75
- Company contribution of 5%. Employee contributions is 5% which can be increased at any time.
- Maternity Leave & Statutory Pay
- Paternity Leave & Statutory Pay
- Shared Parental Leave & Statutory Pay
- Vanguardian awards
- Staff celebration events
- Long service awards
- Employee referral scheme
Environmental, social and governance
We take our responsibilities seriously and working in partnership with ARK Business Conservation Projects and Year Hear, we have opportunities for team members to get involved in activities and initiatives that support our ESG strategy: including volunteer days; environmental contribution, and sustainable projects.
- Up to 4 weeks full pay (after 3 years service).
- We support the vaccination programme and encourage all employees to be vaccinated.
- For confirmed COVID, sickness absence is paid including within probation period.
- Reimbursed in full
Healthcare Cash Plan (includes alternative therapies)
- Reclaim cash back from your everyday medical expenses – dental, optical, chiropody, professional therapy (which includes physiotherapy, osteopathy, chiropractic, homeopathy, hypnotherapy and reflexology) special consultation and tests, health screening, online lifestyle assessment.
- GP 24/7 access with worldwide cover and private prescription service.
- Employee Assistance Programme, which includes confidential counselling and helpline service.
Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice scheme enabling you to purchase a new cycle up to the value of £1000
Mental Health First Aid
- We have trained Mental Health First Aiders across the organisation.
Annual Professional Memberships
- We reimburse one professional membership/subscription per year.
- We support many of our team members with professional study as part of their career development.
Paid Mandatory Training
- For all clinical staff, we hold annual mandatory training on a weekend and this is paid at the relevant overtime rate.
How to apply
If you are an innovative and passionate clinician we’d love to hear from you. For more information or to apply, submit your CV and covering letter, including salary expectations, to: firstname.lastname@example.org