We are a British, privately owned, international clinical services and infrastructure provider supporting healthcare clients across the UK and worldwide.
Our purpose-designed and built modular and mobile facilities provide our clients with new or replacement Operating Theatres, Wards, Endoscopy Suites and Decontamination and diagnostic units. As part of our solution to our clients we also support them with clinical teams and equipment.
With a rapidly growing team of over 150 colleagues internationally, our values define how we do business with our customers, internally and externally: Patient-focussed; Innovative; Responsive; Passionate; Teamwork.
You are joining us at an exciting part of our journey as we grow and diversify.
The Clinical Services Manager is responsible for ensuring that Vanguard Healthcare fulfils their clinical and operational commitments to our customers. This includes leadership and management of clinical teams and ensuring that staff are performing to the required standard, units are operational and that equipment is fit for purpose and fully serviced and maintained.
The post holder will develop and support the clinical teams by providing professional advice, guidance, support and coaching. They will have regular visibility and be accessible to patients, customers and staff.
The post requires flexibility as it involves considerable travel within the UK, including overnight stays and time away from home.
- Working closely with the customer / host hospital to ensure that Vanguard delivers the contracted service required in a safe, quality focussed manner.
- Regular unit visits to ensure compliance with Vanguard and host hospital policies and procedures.
- Conducting and ensuring audit compliance.
- Effective operational management of the clinical throughput of the unit and staff resource.
- Ensuring efficiencies with process and patient management/patient flow are maximised.
- Understand the contract process, from concept through to unit removal, for the entire duration of the contract.
- Management of relevant paperwork and processes at the contract start-up and close-down.
- Establish an understanding of unit systems and the ability to troubleshoot and Unit management facilitation of end-to-end unit maintenance requirements.
- Involvement in business project meetings as required.
- Health and Safety, risk management and compliance for units and staff.
- Investigation and management of all clinical incidents and complaints for defined area.
- Delivery of agreed, clinical standards in line with Vanguard policies and processes and evidence-based practice.
- Development and improvement of current process, policy and service delivery.
- Line management of team, providing effective leadership, coaching and motivating in addition to supporting their wellbeing.
- Development of the team and identifying training needs and solutions.
- Conducting regular performance reviews, induction, training and recruitment activity with team.
- Providing an effective channel of communication between the Senior Management Team and the clinical staff.
- Responsibility for one or more of the following areas: Off duty; Equipment; Endoscopy; Manual Handling; Infection Prevention; Resuscitation; Health and Safety; Clinical Governance
- Ensure personal Continued Professional Development and relevant licenses are maintained.
- Provide clinical support for units as required.
- All employees are expected to promote and work within Vanguard’s quality management framework at all times.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Relevant, demonstrable leadership and managerial experience to include training, wellbeing support, coaching and mentoring.
- Experience of managing remote teams.
- Demonstrable operating theatre or Endoscopy department experience.
- Professional, relevant qualification relating to this area of work (NMC HCPC) with up-to-date registration.
- Demonstrable clinical experience and competence.
- Holder of a current UK full driving licence.
- Understanding of current practice within healthcare.
- Relationship Management & Communication skills.
- Microsoft Office skills to include MSExcel; MSWord
- Health & Safety investigation management.
- Policy writing.
- Leading, managing, coaching a team of clinical specialists.
- Report writing.
- Experience of IT / client management systems.
- Experience in: Off duty, Equipment, Endoscopy, Manual Handling, Infection Prevention, Resuscitation, Health and Safety, Clinical Governance
- 5 weeks per year (April – March) + UK bank holidays. + option to buy / sell 1 week of annual leave.
- Allowance or company car
Employee Discount Scheme
- Online discount scheme for retail, health, leisure and lifestyle providers
- 4 x Annual Salary, up to age 75
- Company contribution of 5%. Employee contributions is 5% which can be increased at any time.
- Maternity Leave & Statutory Pay
- Paternity Leave & Statutory Pay
- Shared Parental Leave & Statutory Pay
- Vanguardian awards
- Staff celebration events
- Long service awards
- Employee referral scheme
Environmental, social and governance
We take our responsibilities seriously and working in partnership with ARK Business Conservation Projects and Year Hear, we have opportunities for team members to get involved in activities and initiatives that support our ESG strategy: including volunteer days; environmental contribution, and sustainable projects.
- Up to 4 weeks full pay (after 3 years service).
- We support the vaccination programme and encourage all employees to be vaccinated.
- For confirmed COVID, sickness absence is paid including within probation period.
- Reimbursed in full
Healthcare Cash Plan (includes alternative therapies)
- Reclaim cash back from your everyday medical expenses – dental, optical, chiropody, professional therapy (which includes physiotherapy, osteopathy, chiropractic, homeopathy, hypnotherapy and reflexology) special consultation and tests, health screening, online lifestyle assessment.
- GP 24/7 access with worldwide cover and private prescription service.
- Employee Assistance Programme, which includes confidential counselling and helpline service.
Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice scheme enabling you to purchase a new cycle up to the value of £1000
Mental Health First Aid
- We have trained Mental Health First Aiders across the organisation.
Annual Professional Memberships
- We reimburse one professional membership/subscription per year.
- We support many of our team members with professional study as part of their career development.
Paid Mandatory Training
- For all clinical staff, we hold annual mandatory training on a weekend and this is paid at the relevant overtime rate.
How to apply
If you are an innovative and passionate clinician we’d love to hear from you. For more information or to apply, submit your CV and covering letter, including salary expectations, to: email@example.com