Vanguard Healthcare Solutions is a leading supplier in the provision of capacity solutions for surgical and endoscopy theatre suites. These solutions extend to the provision of mobile surgical units, equipment and staff. Our solutions are recognised by the NHS and Private Health providers as the premier solution for supporting the provision of additional capacity, business contingency and emergency planning.
Following a successful sales year in 2019, the business is accelerating its growth phase and new innovative solutions are now being added to the portfolio. In addition to this the number of customers currently contracted for 12 months or longer has increased rapidly and this requires focus and management.
The company continues to invest in new fleet and is focusing on growth within the UK and Internationally. The investment in new solutions and the company’s ability to meet customer’s unique requirements through a solution approach is ensuring that our growth plans will be realised in 2020 and beyond.
The Account Manager (AM) will work within the defined regional territory (South based) and report to the Sales Manager. This is a hybrid role that will focus on the development of new named contracts and will support an existing order book of current contracts.
The AM will be responsible for the delivery of the sales and territory plan, supported by the Sales Manager, delivering against new revenue and contract extension targets.
This role will blend sales and customer management skills and is an opportunity to join a small but focused team at an exciting point in Vanguard’s growth.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To develop new name sales opportunities and pipeline
- To work with existing contracted customers to secure extensions and new solution deployments
- Work with marketing on the development of sales campaigns and lead generation
- To make the Sales Manager aware of any customer issues and all competitor activity
- To effectively utilise the company’s clinical or technical support services within the solution sell
- To keep continually up to date on new product developments, market and customer trends allied to the business
- To support the Sales Manager as required, with larger more complex solutions on the
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Customer management and retention/extensions
- Territory lead generation and conversion rates
- Achievement of sales target
- Contribution to the wider Vanguard Healthcare business goals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
This role is primarily NHS focused and therefore requires knowledge and experience of the NHS landscape and its procurement processes. It is essential that candidates have:
- Minimum 2 years selling experience ideally in medical/healthcare sales
- Proven experience of managing sales within an NHS landscape including procurement processes
- Working knowledge and experience with hospital managers, estates leads and clinicians within the NHS or private hospitals
The role requires co-ordination across a diverse group of customer stakeholders, and this means the candidates need to possess:
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to effectively manage their time
- Ability to effectively communicate to different audiences, tailoring approach to suit and influencing as necessary
- Demonstrable ability to network and develop a customer/client base
- Comfortable at presenting to those in senior positions across all routes to market
- Creativity and innovative in their approach to move sales along the sales pipeline
The nature of the role means that sales lead times can sometimes be protracted, and we expect our sales professionals to be:
- Resilient and results oriented
- Demonstrate that they can work independently but also as part of a team
- Dynamic and driven
SALARY AND REMUNERATION
The company will provide a salary that is competitive with a sales bonus and commission plan that rewards sales performance.
Additional benefits that extend to company car/car allowance, pension fund and a range of selectable company benefits are also available.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.